There seems to be a general theme with my book wish list this year. I’ve chosen primarily nonfiction works: some memoirs, biographies, and DIYs. I could give you a philosophical reasoning about the shift, starting with my educational journey from liberal arts to professional school, but you’re more interested in the list, aren’t you?
- Grace: A Memoir by Grace Coddington
- Celebrate: A Year of Festivities for Families and Friends by Pippa Middleton
England + entertainment + a Middleton? Count me in!
- Sybil Exposed by Debbie Nathan
- The Gods of Gotham by Lyndsay Faye
I reviewed her earlier work Dust and Shadow — https://alexandrampatterson.com/2012/10/05/book-review-dust-and-shadow/
- A Wrinkle In Time by Madeleine L’Engle (50th Anniversary Edition)
This was the first “big girl” book I ever read. I remember one of my elementary school teachers read it to us every day during “story time.” Though I began to prefer L’Engle’s A Ring of Endless Light as I grew up, the Wrinkle in Time Quintet will always have a special place in my heart.
- Moranthology by Caitlin Moran
I’m currently reading How To Be a Woman and loving it so I would really like to have a little more Caitlin Moran in my life!
- Notorious Victoria: The Life of Victoria Woodhull, Uncensored by Mary Gabriel
- Education of a Woman: The Life of Gloria Steinem by Carolyn G. Heilbrun
I’m hoping to see a few of these in my stocking this year! Which ones are you excited about?
Leave a Reply