McCalls 6696: The Oopsy Daisy Dress

Screen Shot 2016-05-15 at 2.41.02 PM
Surprise! I made another 6696. This is easily my favorite pattern I’ve ever used. That being said, it requires a lot of work to get right! Check out the modifications I made below:

Fabric:
Quilting Cotton from JoAnn’s
Notions:
Red Flower Buttons for JoAnn’s
Size:
16 with modifications listed below
Alterations to the pattern:
I removed 1/2 inch from the shoulder on the front bodice piece and shortened the piece by 1/2 inch. I then removed 1 inch from the bottom of the back bodice piece so that they would line up.
Challenges:
Once the bodice was sewn up, I noticed that it was REALLY large. I was able to pinch out two inches on either side of the bodice without any difficulty. So I pinned and restitched the side seams of the bodice. (Not the most elegant solution, I admit, but it worked!) My solution reshaped the armscye and the sleeve no longer fit! I had to improvise a small pleat at the top of the sleeve, which thankfully looked intentional when all was said and done!
Changes for next time: 
Next time I will start with a much smaller size. Hopefully this will mean that I don’t have to do as much modification as I make it!
Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s