I’m pleased to announce that I am a blogger for the newly launched Cali Fabrics sewing and fabric blog!
For my first Cali Fabrics project, I chose a gorgeous orange embroidered eyelet. I immediately gravitated toward this fabric because of its gorgeous color, but once I received it, I became even more enamored with its overall design. I like that the eyelet openings are relatively small, meaning that I didn’t have to worry as much about underlining. Plus, the embroidery ensures that the design is visually interesting!
Check out the rest of my first post over on the Cali Fabrics Blog.
Notable items: Daniel Wellington watch, Equipment blouse
My outfits have been more than a little boring recently, so I thought an overhaul was in order! Here are the colors and items I’m loving for spring. If only they fit into my grad student budget!
What’s your favorite color for spring?
*Note: Click on the picture for a list of items and where you can buy them!*
Sorry it’s been radio silence over here for the past week. Midterm season has officially arrived and with it the latest bout of illness. And here I thought that the Krud was contained to Kenyon’s campus…
To make up for it here’s a little bit of inspiration for your casual Friday. Though none of these are office appropriate they’re almost nice enough for which to call in sick.
*note: If you click through to the polyvore site you can see where all of the items are from*
It’s been a while since I’ve shared something non-book related on the blog. With fall coming rather quickly I thought that this would be the perfect time to share some of the items on my wishlist!
Bag: ASOS/Cambridge Satchel Company
As winter begins to wind down online stores have sales to get rid of stock. Though the last thing I want to think about right now is another coat or sweater, the lower prices draw my attention. Here’s a list of things I hope will go on sale ASAP and things that are already marked down.
- Cashmere Lined Leather Gloves (j.crew) $69.99 marked down from $98
- Shaker Hi-Lo Sweater (Piperlime) $37.99 marked down from $64
- Excursion Quilted Vest (j.crew) $59 marked down from $98
- Quarter-Zip Fleece Pullover (llbean) $29.99
Yesterday was the last day of 30 for 30 and I learned a lot!
I came up with loads of ways to wear different pieces, though the challenge WAS hard!!
Here’s what I wore:
Why yes. Yes I do look incredibly awkward dancing in my kitchen!
25. Grey Sweater Dress (DVF)
Did you know she’s reissuing old patterns? So jealous. I want one of the old wrap dresses so badly!
12. Black Flats (Banana Republic)
Awkward and Awesome Thursday:
– That dance up there.
– Getting an email begging me to come pick up my parcels from Cornwall House–oops!
– Not noticing that I wasn’t wearing shoes in the above pictures until now
– Turning in my two papers early this week. That’s right, EARLY!!
– Finally finishing Lemony Snicket’s Series of Unfortunate Events series that I started when I was twelve.
– Finding Elizabeth Kostova’s newest book Swan Thieves on Amazon for cheap. I loved The Historian
I can’t wait to dive into this one.
– Going to Glastonbury and Stonehenge this weekend (okay so it hasn’t happened yet, but I’m packing right now!)