For those of you who don’t haven’t been longtime readers, Awkward and Awesome Thursdays was started by Sydney over at The Daybook. She’s an amazing blogger who has the best style (and the cutest little baby)! I picked it up while I was in England last year and now I’ve decided to do it again.
Awkward things that happened this week:
– I tried to put on my skinny jeans Sunday night and they wouldn’t zip up. Oops, no more
chocolate cake for me!
– A representative from a popular acne brand called my house this week and it wasn’t until I listened to his pitch for five minutes that I realized I could tell him “No thanks!”
– I was in the parking lot at my local mall and spent ten minutes searching for the car, then realized I was looking for my mom’s car. I guess it hasn’t sunk in that I have a car of my own yet!
(do the above two awkwards mean that I’m losing it?)
Awesome things that happened this week:
– I bought two new books at Barnes and Noble for a net of .70! Gotta love those Christmas gift cards.
– My parents and I have been watching The West Wing during the evenings and now they’re hooked!
– I have a paper due today that I’m so not ready to turn in…can’t it wait?!
– I’ve bought two cans of nutella in two weeks. Both are now empty.
– I have to take my computer on a trip so that I can complete schoolwork.
– Realizing that I have to start studying for the GRE now and take it in May.
– Laying outside the dorm with friends on Tuesday.
– Leaving today for Stratford-upon-Avon
– My new article over at Her Campus
Yesterday was the last day of 30 for 30 and I learned a lot!
I came up with loads of ways to wear different pieces, though the challenge WAS hard!!
Here’s what I wore:
Why yes. Yes I do look incredibly awkward dancing in my kitchen!
25. Grey Sweater Dress (DVF)
Did you know she’s reissuing old patterns? So jealous. I want one of the old wrap dresses so badly!
12. Black Flats (Banana Republic)
Awkward and Awesome Thursday:
– That dance up there.
– Getting an email begging me to come pick up my parcels from Cornwall House–oops!
– Not noticing that I wasn’t wearing shoes in the above pictures until now
– Turning in my two papers early this week. That’s right, EARLY!!
– Finally finishing Lemony Snicket’s Series of Unfortunate Events series that I started when I was twelve.
– Finding Elizabeth Kostova’s newest book Swan Thieves on Amazon for cheap. I loved The Historian
I can’t wait to dive into this one.
– Going to Glastonbury and Stonehenge this weekend (okay so it hasn’t happened yet, but I’m packing right now!)
Khaki Pants (J. Crew)
Green Sweater (Nordstrom)
See that outfit right there, that’s part of my awkward list. I woke up this morning with NOTHING from 30 for 30 clean.
That’s how little laundry I’ve done lately. Yup, I’m a slacker.
Don’t worry, I did wash first thing…
but then I was too lazy to change into a 30 for 30 outfit.
-The aforementioned laundry incident
– Realizing that I’d left unwashed dishes in the kitchen and inspection was today
– The reverse concealer action that’s going on in the above photos
-Going to dinner tonight with a friend’s parents who are in town
– Having a summer internship interview
– The way my hair has been behaving lately
Sorry this week has been so sparse on posts, I’ve been having a lot of computer troubles.
Hopefully by the time you are reading this they will all be resolved and the regularly
scheduled programming will be back here next week!
– Having computer problems…then realizing how much I actually use the internet
– Finding out that the water was going to be shut off last night
– Not being able to charge my iphone and consequently having to borrow everyone else’s
– Somehow forgetting to take any outfit pictures this week
– My new coat from London (post coming soon!)
– Reading 3 books in 3 days FOR FUN
– Finally getting around to The Thirteenth Tale. It’s so good.